Preparations are in full swing for La Leche League Israel annual mothers’ conference.
This year our theme is “Breastfeeding – My Choice” – the topic adopted by the Health Ministry for World Breastfeeding Week 2017.
Come join us on Friday, May 12, at the Tel Aviv Exhibition Grounds to enjoy an atmosphere of empowerment for breastfeeding families.
Meet other nursing mothers, check out the merchandise geared toward mother and baby, listen to fascinating women who chose breastfeeding, and gain breastfeeding knowledge.
We have two very special guest speakers:
- Actress and comedian Shani Cohen will share her experience balancing life as a breastfeeding mother and actress on “Eretz Nehederet.”
- Marian Tompson, one of the seven founders of La Leche League, will share her personal life story.
This conference is designed for nursing mothers, pregnant women, fathers, grandparents, and, of course, your nurslings!
- 8:00-09:00: Registration and exhibits
- 9:00-9:15: Welcome and opening
- 9:15-9:30: Shani Cohen – “Breastfeeding in front of the camera”
The actress and comedian will talk about her choice to breastfeed while returning to television filming. Hebrew
- 9:30-10:15: Marian Tompson – “The story of La Leche League”
One of the seven founders of La Leche League will speak about how her choice to support breastfeeding brought about the establishment of an international organization. English.
- 10:15-11:15: Refreshment break and exhibits
- 11:15-11:35: Adva Hanoch – Relactation: A mother’s inspiring story of choosing breastmilk. Hebrew
- 11:35-11:55: Adi Yotam – “Returning to work and pumping.” IBCLC and former LLL leader will provide useful information for mothers who choose to return to work and continue breastfeeding. Hebrew
- 11:55-12:15: Chaya Hoisler – “Nursing Triplets.” The story of a mother who chose to breastfeed her triplets. Hebrew
- 12:15-12:25: Conclusion and raffle
- 12:25-15:00: Exhibits remain open
- 13:15: Mass breastfeeding photo shoot
●Registration fee 60 NIS
●La Leche League members will receive a NIS 10 coupon for shopping at the stalls, or the option to purchase the book “What Mothers Do” (in Hebrew) for NIS 20 at our book stall.
●Parking: At the Convention Center parking lot for NIS 29 with a sticker you will get at the registration booth, or at the Ganei Yehoshua parking lot for NIS 20 (NIS
5 for Tel Aviv residents).
●Cancellation Fee: 80% refund (48 NIS) until May 4th 2017. 20% refund (12 NIS) between May 5th-11th 2017.
●Light snacks will be served
●Mass breastfeeding photo shoot by Yifat Levi for breastfeeding mothers past and present.
●Baby carriages and strollers cannot be brought into the conference hall. There will be a designated space for them outside the hall. A baby carrier will make getting around easier.
●Marian Tompson is one of the seven founders of La Leche League. She has been active in La Leche League for 60 years, serving as president for 24 years. She currently serves on the LLLI Board of Directors and on the International Advisory Council for the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action. She works tirelessly on gathering information, raising critical questions, and stimulating research about breastfeeding in the context of HIV/AIDS. She is President and CEO of the non-profit organization AnotherLook.
●Adi Yotam, IBCLC, co-author of the book “Returning to Work, Continuing Breastfeeding” – A Nursing Mother’s Guide for Returning to Work or School.” Author of the blog “Coffee with Milk.”