La Leche League International was founded in 1956 in Chicago, Illinois, and La Leche League Israel in 1971. We believe that breastfeeding, with its many important physical and psychological advantages, helps initiate a strong parent-child relationship. Our goal is to help mothers and babies breastfeed through “mother-to-mother” support, encouragement, and information, and to promote a an understanding of breastfeeding’s role in the healthy development of the baby and mother. Links to resources in languages other than Hebrew are listed on the left side of each page on our site.
La Leche League Leaders are all experienced breastfeeding mothers, trained to give support and information on common breastfeeding concerns. Many are native English speakers and most Israeli-born Leaders speak English as well.
The following English speaking Leaders are happy to provide support via their private numbers:
- Adina: 050-2264745, not between 17:30-20:00
- Chava: 052-7140057 Monday through Friday from 9:30-12:30, English only
- Donna : 052-3727689 or 04-6486378 every day between 8:00 and 20:00. (Preferably call the mobile number)
- Mazal: 03-9228619 or 052-7868525 Sunday through Thursday from 9:00-12:30 for urgent questions.
- Elisheva: 052-4812351. Sunday through Thursday 10:00-14:00.
- Miriam: 054-9428474. Sunday 20:00-23:00, Thursday 8:00-14:00, Friday 8:00-13:00.
For ongoing support, join our English Facebook Group for LLL Israel or visit one of our meetings held throughout Israel.
Currently, there is a monthly meeting in Tel Aviv. Join the WhatsApp group to get details of upcoming meetings. The Beit Shemesh group, which meets on Monday mornings is bilingual: contact Guinat for details at 02-999-4290. Click here for details of all meetings throughout the country.
For phone support in Hebrew, call our hotline at 1599-525-821.
A number of English books on breastfeeding and parenting, including the latest edition of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and Feed Yourself, Feed Your family, can be ordered from our online store.
More LLL Resources
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Infant Risk Center – Dr. Thomas Hale PhD. Breastfeeding and Drugs
- International Lactation Consultant Association – Find a Lactation Consultant
- Kelly Mom
- Low Milk Supply
- Manual Expression
- Nancy Mohrbacher Breastfeeding Reporter
- The Bump
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action
- World Health Organization