La Leche League International was founded in 1956 in Chicago, Illinois, and La Leche League Israel in 1971. We believe that breastfeeding, with its many important physical and psychological advantages, helps initiate a strong parent-child relationship. Our goal is to help mothers and babies breastfeed through “mother-to-mother” support, encouragement, and information, and to promote a an understanding of breastfeeding’s role in the healthy development of the baby and mother. Links to resources in languages other than Hebrew are listed on the left side of each page on our site.
La Leche League Leaders are all experienced breastfeeding mothers, trained to give support and information on common breastfeeding concerns. Many are native English speakers and most Israeli-born Leaders speak English as well.
The following English speaking Leaders are happy to provide support via their private numbers:
- Adina: 050-2264745, not between 17:30-20:00
- Chava: 052-7140057 Monday through Friday from 9:30-12:30, English only
- Donna : 052-3727689 or 04-6486378 every day between 8:00 and 20:00. (Preferably call the mobile number)
- Mazal: 03-9228619 or 052-7868525 Sunday through Thursday from 9:00-12:30 for urgent questions.
- Elisheva: 052-4812351. Sunday through Thursday 10:00-14:00.
- Miriam: 054-9428474. Sunday 20:00-23:00, Thursday 8:00-14:00, Friday 8:00-13:00.
For ongoing support, join our English Facebook Group for LLL Israel or visit one of our meetings held throughout Israel.
Currently, there are two monthly meetings in English: Jerusalem on Wednesday afternoons and Tel Aviv on Thursday mornings. Click here for details. If a group of mothers are interested in a local meeting in English, LLL Israel may be able to help set it up. Contact us.
For phone support in Hebrew, call our hotline at 1599-525-821 according to the posted schedule. Many Leaders also speak English.
For more breastfeeding information, see our English breastfeeding resource page.
A number of English books on breastfeeding and parenting, including the latest edition of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and Feed Yourself, Feed Your family, can be ordered from our online store.